Areas of expertise
- Business Law
- Business Succession
- Commercial Disputes
- Commonwealth Superannuation
- Employment Law
Emily Shoemark leads the firm’s Employment Law team and IP team. She provides our business clients with advice on commercial transactions, intellectual property and employment law matters.
She joined Snedden Hall & Gallop in September 2008 and was appointed a Senior Associate of the firm in 2014.
As a member of the Business Law team, Emily enjoys assisting organisations to manage the legal issues that occur at every stage of their lifecycle. She focuses on assisting businesses to protect themselves against legal risks. Her work includes assisting clients with:
- starting a business, including business purchases
- managing a business, including documentation such as policies, terms & conditions
- IP matters, including protection and licensing
- employment contracts and disputes and workplace investigations
- business succession planning.
Emily is an approved Secure Local Jobs auditor with the ACT Government, with Secure local jobs replacing the Industrial Relations & Employment Obligations (IRE) procurement process in January 2019.
She is also a Succession Plus advisor and Snedden Hall & Gallop Lawyers is the Succession Plus partner in Canberra. Here are more details of the award-winning Succession Plus model.
Emily was an HR consultant prior to her legal career. She developed expertise in performance management, workforce planning and process improvement.
Emily was recently appointed to the ACT Work Health and Safety Council, which advises the ACT Minister for Employment and Workplace Safety on relevant issues. Emily has also written widely on commercial law and employment law. Read some of her articles here.
Emily holds a Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Laws from the University of Canberra and has taught at the Australian National University’s Legal Workshop.
In the news
Emily recently received a Judges Commendation Award under the Professional of the Year category of the 2020 Master Builders and Asset Construction Hire Excellence Awards.
Areas of Expertise
- Buying & selling businesses
- Business succession planning
- Commercial property & leasing
- Commercial disputes
- Business structures
- Employment agreements & resolving employment disputes
- Protecting your intellectual property
- Workplace Investigations
- Registered Secure Local Jobs Auditor
In this video you can see Emily talking with Gerald Santucci about business law at Snedden Hall & Gallop.
Recent articles from EmilySee all
1 / 4