Invitation to Canberra sports law event: May 23, 2018.
11 May 2018
- Sports Law
Do you work or volunteer in sport – as a board member, CEO, member protection information officer, development officer, high-performance staff, referee, coach or as a tribunal member?
You are invited to hear the latest in sports law in the area of cheating and integrity, gender definitions, gambling, the digital space as they apply to sport.
You will also have the opportunity to ask questions of key figures in sports law.
Recent Sports Law Issues
- Kate Palmer, Chief Executive Officer, Australian Sports Commission.
- Professor Jack Anderson, Director of Sports Law, Melbourne Law Masters, Melbourne Law School, University of Melbourne
Expert panel discussion:
- Catherine Ordway, Senior Consultant, Snedden Hall & Gallop Lawyers
- Allistar Twigg, Lawyer, Snedden Hall & Gallop Lawyers
- Chad Burnell, Assistant Director, Office of Legal & Procurement, Australian Sports Commission
- Genevieve Jacobs, legendary Canberra journalist and presenter
Networking and refreshments:
Please feel free to join the speakers and guests for refreshments and a networking opportunity after the discussion
When: 6-8pm, Wed 23 May
RSVP: Friday, 18 May 2018 email@example.com
Where: Marathon room, AIS Visitors Centre, Leverrier Street, Bruce
Cost: ANZLA members free; $15 non-members at the ANZSLA store (‘ANZSLA / SHG Regional Event – Canberra – 23 May 2018’).
Supported by: The Australian and New Zealand Sports Law Association (ANZSLA) Australian Sports Commission, Snedden Hall & Gallop.