AOC Election: Catherine Ordway’s expert commentary
16 Jun 2017
- Sports Law
Catherine Ordway, Senior Consultant with SHG Sports, was called on for expert commentary in the lead up to the Australian Olympic Committee board election on 5 May 2017.
Here is a summary of her recent media activity:
- K Johansen, ‘Coates, Roche in tight leadership contest’, SBS World News TV, 5 May
- N Jeffrey and C Le Grand, ‘AOC loss will cost Coates his IOC roles’, The Weekend Australian, 29 April p. 8
- V Trioli, ‘AOC crisis meeting’, episode 83, ABC News 24 Breakfast TV, 26 April
- D Coady, ‘Allegations of toxic culture prompts Australian Olympic Committee crisis meeting’, PM with Mark Colvin, ABC Radio, 24 April
Divided boards within National Sports Organisations ultimately decided to back the incumbent, President John Coates, after the AOC Athlete’s Commission agreed to support Coates on the basis that he committed to several governance reforms.
For details of these reform commitments, see the following:
- Kim Brennan’s interview with Tracey Holmes on The Ticket: http://www.abc.net.au/newsradio/content/s4665397.htm and http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/05/05/athletes-back-coates-conditions
- For an explanation on the voting for the AOC election: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-06/the-aoc-election-explained/8498174
Catherine Ordway is part of the team at SHG Sports which provides efficient and effective legal and ancillary services across the sporting and fitness industries. You can contact us by phone on (02 6285 8000 or by email.
With team leader, Allistar Twigg, she can also be heard regularly commentating all things sport on the ABC Canberra radio Sports Panel on Mondays at 10.40am: http://www.abc.net.au/radio/canberra/programs/mornings/